Heart Cape Town Music Festival Location: Newlands Cricket Stadium | Cape Town From 10:00 AM 10 February 2018 To 10:00 PM 10 February 2018
We are looking forward to welcoming you the Heart Cape Town Music Festival on 10 February 2018 at Newlands Cricket Stadium.
A few of you have been asking us questions on what is permitted on the day and we compiled a list of FAQ’s below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does it start?
- The gates open at 8:30am and first act on stage at 10:00am
Who is the first act and what time is XXX on and XXX on stage?
- The day is a full day of headline acts and we do not release the times of the performing acts as it assists with our traffic plan
Who are all the acts?
- Jimmy Nevis, Youngsta CPT, Mark Alex, Prime Circle, Craig Lucas, AKA, Casper Nyovest, Sketchy Bongo, Tresor, Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels, Mango Groove, Die Heuwels Fantasties, Nasty C, Emo Adams, Sasha Lee, Alistair Izobell , Salome, Kurt Darren, Chad Saaiman, The Black Ties, Jarrad Ricketts and Airborne.
Will there be vendors? If so who?
- We will have plenty of vendors available on the day. Including Halaal vendors. Vendors will have card facilities and some of them will have SnapScan. The vendors will be a mix of different types of food.
Can we bring umbrellas, gazebos or chairs?
- Bring hats and plenty of sunscreen – paper hats will also be provided
- No umbrellas or gazebos are permitted, shaded areas will be provided.
- No sharp objects are permitted on the premises
- Fold-up chairs will be permitted
What is a good time to arrive?
- Get there in the morning if you don’t want to miss out on any of the acts!
Where do we find parking?
- Parking will be available in the surrounds – including Groote Schuur Upper and Lower fields – these are the same fields they use for parking for cricket games.
Can I bring my 1 year old child?
- Kids under 2 are most welcome and depend largely on the parents – A note to be aware of is that the kid’s areas are better suited for kids 3 and up.
What time does the event end?
- The last song plays on stage at 9:55pm. Get ready for 12 hours of the best music!
What kind of kids areas are there?
- Every child must be signed into the play area but cannot be left unattended. It is not a babysitting facility but rather making sure every kid has his/her parent/s details attached to them.
Will alcohol be available on the day?
- A dedicated beer garden will be available on the day along with ciders and soft drinks.
Will water be available on the day?
- We will have eco-friendly bottled water for sale on the day.
Can I bring my own cooler box ?
- No cooler boxes or cooler bags will be permitted, there will be cold refreshments sold on the field. You are permitted to bring a picnic basket
- No glass will be permitted on the premises. Only plastic items will be allowed in.
- No alcohol will be permitted in the venue. Alcohol will be sold at dedicated stands on the grounds.
- No knives or sharp objects allowed
Can I bring my own alcohol?
- Alcohol is for sale at the event and therefore none will be allowed to be brought onto the premises or it may be confiscated.
Can I bring a gas braai?
NO FIRES or FLAMES or GAS allowed by festival goers – Food vendors are available
See you there!